15 Simple Ways You Can Start Saving Money Right Now
Looking to save a bit of money for a summer trip? Of course you are. We all are.
And the best way to do it is to start small. Although it’s easy to think, “Okay, if I buy fewer shoes this month, I’ll save X amount of money after four weeks,” saving money starts with changing everyday behaviors. Do you end up throwing out a few veggies here and there? Do you grab a latte from Starbucks on your way to work every morning? You’re not alone! Just by doing things like becoming one with your freezer or changing your morning routine, you can save hundreds in the long run.
Here are 15 tips to help get you started!
1. Cut down on Starbucks runs to save anywhere from $15 to $100 per month.
2. Make your own coffee house drinks instead.
3. Making dinner at home instead of eating out saves between $150 and $200 per month.
4. And packing a lunch every day can help you save between $40 and $200.
5. Buy produce in season and then freeze fruit for smoothies or dehydrate it.
6. Set a grocery budget, make a grocery list, and stick to them!
7. Make your own bread to save $15 a month.
8. Make breakfast for dinner.
9. Grow your own vegetable garden.
10. Only shop organic for the dirty dozen.
11. Shop organic at Costco.
12. Stock up when you find a deal.
13. Buy a quarter or side of beef.
14. Get produce from local farms.
15. Make your own taco seasoning.
See? That’s not so hard, is it? Most of these changes are so small, they won’t even feel like sacrifices.