10 Simple Projects That Are About To Make This 4th Of July Your Best One Yet
Independence Day is almost here, and you probably have to prepare your house for a weekend full of debauchery.
Whether you’re having a family-friendly cookout or an adults-only boozefest, finding a little inspiration never hurts. From feeding guests to keeping them entertained, here are 20 simple recipes and DIY projects that are about to set you apart from the rest. Expert party planning, commence!
1. Get artisanal as hell with these pre-made cocktails. Win life in the process.
2. Put sparklers and fire crackers in cute, labeled jars and take a photo before the youths ruin them.
3. Make sangria. Gallons of it. Fill your swimming pool.
4. Nothing says “red, white, and I don’t give a damn” quite like this simple fruit salad.
5. Line your sidewalk with these bad boys when the sun goes down and let guests bask in your crafting glory.
6. Use the outdoor pillows you already have and give them a patriotic punch by tying on festive bandanas.
7. The kids will want to get their hands on these champagne-soaked strawberries. To avoid that, tell them they’re poisoned and that you can’t die as they watch you eat them.
8. If you’re having a slightly more formal affair, make these cute place settings with Mason jars and patriotic bandanas. The jars can be used for drinks later. You’re welcome.
9. Make these non-boozy layered drinks for the kiddos (and yourself when no one is looking).
10. If you’re as lazy and uninspired as I am, this is the dessert you should go with when you ultimately forget you’re throwing a cookout in three hours.